Lincoln Village Ministry is in great need of volunteers and assistance.
In case you haven't heard about Lincoln Village Ministry had recent dinner changes we have started doing "To-Go" dinners. They send them home at 5:30 with 60 of our kids (that opted in for dinner). Doing these dinners can take as much or as little time as you have available. Here are several options ranging from least to most preparation time:
- Donate money for meals ($100-150 covers 60 students, make check to LVPC earmarked "The Linc - Dinner")
- you can mail checks to 1110 Meridian Street or give to the front desk!
- Order pizza to be sent to school
- Pick up pre-assembled to-go meals from a restaurant
- To-Go container with lid for a simple soup or casserole
- CLICK HERE FOR CHEAP, BULK CONTAINER OPTIONS
- To-Go box of home-cooked meal wrapped in saran wrap assembly
- Paper Sack / Zip Lock Bag dinner assembly
If you can't deliver your dinner on the day of due to work / school schedule, you may deliver it the night before!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PROVIDING DINNER OR A DONATION FOR DINNER, SIMPLY CALL THE NUMBERS BELOW! We will then email you back with any instructions & some more detailed options about preparing dinner.
Lincoln Village Ministry also listed their open food dates below to give you an idea of the enormous amount of help they need! They would love it if you could cover the earliest dates first. Here are the dates that they have open and you would like any of these dates, just let them know via contact info below:
To-Go Bag Prep:
- September: 9, 11, 16, 17, 18, 24, 29, 30
- October: 2, 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 27, 29, 30
- November: 6, 11, 13, 19, 20
- December: 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 17, 18
- January: 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29
- February: 5, 10, 12, 17, 18, 19, 23, 25, 26
- March: 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 18, 19, 30, 31
- April: 2, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 27, 29, 30
- May: 5 7, 14
Took 2-3 hours to put it all together
- 60 brown paper bags
- 120 sandwich bags
- 60 small apples
- 60 yogurts.. 5- 12 packs
- 60 flour tortillas rolled with ranch dressing, turkey sand meat, cheddar cheese in sandwich bags
- 60 servings baby carrots in sand bags (Probably 6 bags, 4-5 carrots in each bag)
That's about it:)
If you can think of anyone that might be interested in providing a meal for our kids, please get the word out!
We appreciate everything you all do for the kids. Every one of you brings a different, God-given talent to us and we would not be able to run without you all!
The Linc Enrichment Program
Lincoln Village Ministry
Becky Mercer Greene, Director, (256) 679-4358
Amanda Greene, Assistant Director (256) 652-9969
Garrett May, Linc Staff, (256) 520-7050
Caleb Cheatham, Linc Staff, (256) 289-0988
Hey KV Volunteers! It is time, once again, to lace up your work boots!
Something very exciting has happened here at KeepVolunteering! We have found a building! Through a string of divine appointed opportunities, Jimmy Hudson of City Scapes, LLC. has graciously given KeepVolunteering a building for a year. We will be sharing our residence with the Huntsville Dream Center, working together to cultivate community and build a more resiliant community.
That being said, our new home needs a make-over. There will be slight demolition - ripping up carpet, removing sink basins, sanding the cement floor - and a large amount of renovation - replacing cabinetry in kitchenette and bathrooms, staining and covering cement floors with polyurethane, painting, and deep-cleaning. We are planning on having a small garden area on campus too, so landscaping also makes the list.
If any of these needs fall into your skill-set, or they just sounds like fun and you are willing to learn, KV would love to have your help! We are going to do our best to be at the building the majority of the day over the next two weeks if you would like to stop by for a few hours. However, please email us you can also call or text (256) 279-7421 in advance so that we have everything ready and are, ourselves, prepared to achieve the goal.
If you are planning on stopping by to help with renovations, make sure to wear appropriate clothing; shirt, pants and shoes that can get good and dirty, and some work-gloves (in case the occasion calls for it).
KV normally encourages children to be an active part of the volunteer force. However, because of the nature of this project, please contact me before bringing your small ones along.
For those who want to help, but won’t be able to be there in person, monetary donations for the preparation and renovations of the building are greatly appreciated. There is a KV Building Fund already established.
Up until this time we have been a mobile operation and so don’t have the materials normally expected for a building. So, we also appreciate donations of industrial-level cleaning items and supplies such as a mop bucket and mop, broom, caution-wet-floor signs, etc.
Below is a list of items we are trying to obtain:
We look forward to partnering with you to bring our new home to life.
Our new address is 2215 Mock Road, Huntsville AL 35801.
KeepVolunteering is so excited for this new chapter! We cannot wait to share our new home to all who come through our doors.
Thank you to all that have volunteered and who keep volunteering. You truly are the heartbeat of this organization.
Trinity United Methodist Church Emergency Response Team (ERT) will be hosting CERT Class 49 in September for 8 nights over three weeks with the last class a simulated disaster exercise and review.
Time - 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at:
Trinity United Methodist Church.
607 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
Registration is required by September 8, 2014 and is limited to the first 30 to sign up.
Class is FREE but a backpack with vest, helmet, and tool are available for $40. We will ask for a donation to defray the cost of snacks and bottled water..
Class schedule is planned as follows:
- 15 September Monday: Disaster Preparedness
- 16 September Tuesday: Disaster Medical Operations I
- 18 September Thursday: Fire Safety
- 22 September Monday: Light Search & Rescue
- 23 September Tuesday: Disaster Medical Operations II
- 25 September Thursday: CERT Organization & Disaster Psychology
- 29 September Monday: Terrorism Awareness
- 30 September Tuesday: Review and Simulated Disaster Exercise
The classes will have some moderate physical activities.
or 256-882-3332 for additional information and reservations.
Additional information about Madison County CERT can be found at http://madisoncountycert.com.